ANNOUNCEMENT | R6 Call for LeadMe Program Chair Applications
Updated: Nov 12
NCURA Region VI Education and Professional Development Committee
Call for LeadMe Program Chair
Applications due December 4, 2023 | Term begins January 1, 2024
The LeadMe Program is the regional mentorship/leadership program and has been in existence for 15 years preparing Research Administrators for leadership positions in NCURA and within their home institutions. We are currently seeking a new chair to lead the program with our Region VII counterpart.
The Chairs are responsible for creating a supportive and interactive environment as well as developing curriculum where mentors can share knowledge to help guide mentees through the leadership development process.
· Provide overall leadership of the program;
· Ensure continuity of operations: calls, schedules, recruitment, assignment of roles and responsibilities;
· Identify leaders and experts outside the program to lead Professional Development series presentations;
· Organize and chair any LeadMe subcommittees; convene as needed to review program objectives and progress, or to resolve operational or programmatic challenges
· Work in collaboration with Region VII co-chair;
· Report to Chair of Education and Professional Development (EPDC) Committee on program goals, progress and challenges.
· Time commitment varies throughout the month, but is approximately 4 hours per month.
Additional information can be found at https://www.ncuraregionvi.org/leadmeprogram.
Applications must be submitted via Google Forms (https://forms.gle/1BNyhYhKFoDr2dar9) and include:
· A CV emphasizing professional, leadership and volunteer experience (including personal, institutional, NCURA, and/or other professional or external organizations);
· An Interest Letter, no more than one page (single-spaced, 11-point font), answering the following questions:
o Describe your interest in the position and your unique ability to perform the role;
o Ideas/concepts you would like to implement into the Program.
o How would you incorporate DEI into the role;
· Confirmation that applicant is an active/current NCURA Region VI member in good standing.
Applications are due December 4, 2023 and will route to the Education and Professional Development Committee for review. All applicants will be notified by December 18, 2023.
A LeadMe Information Session will be held by LeadMe Program Chairs Matt Michener (Region VI) & Ashley Stahle (Region VII) who will discuss the goals, objectives and application process related to the program as well as lead the discussion and answer/facilitate questions about next year’s program.
Register Here for the virtual information session on Wednesday, November 8, 2023 by Monday, November 6, 2023. The zoom link will be provided to registrants by Tuesday, November 7. The session is free for registrants.