CALL FOR APPLICATIONS | R6 Travel Awards for AM65 & RM2023
Updated: Jul 13
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
NCURA REGION VI TRAVEL AWARDS FOR THE ANNUAL AND REGIONAL MEETINGS
Applications for Region VI travel awards for the 2023 NCURA Annual Meeting and Regional Meeting are now being accepted. Region VI will be supporting up to five (5) travel awards of $600.00 to offset the cost of attendance at the NCURA Annual Meeting, to be held August 6-9 in Washington, DC. In addition, Region VI will be supporting up to five (5) travel awards of $800.00 to offset the cost of attendance at the 2023 Regional Meeting, to be held September 24-27 in Anchorage, AK. Each award is intended to assist with the registration and/or travel costs associated with meeting attendance.
The deadline for receipt of applications and nominations is now June 27th (extended from June 6th).
1. Applicants must be research administrators from within the Region VI geographic area (Alaska, California, Guam, Hawaii, Nevada, Northern Mariana Islands, Oregon, Samoa, and Washington). Applicants need not be current members of NCURA in order to apply for or to be awarded a Region VI Travel Award.
2. Applications and support letters must demonstrate the potential benefits of the award.
3. The application and/or the support letter(s) must demonstrate that the applicant has secured their manager or supervisor's approval to attend the meeting.
4. Should the cost of attendance exceed the amount of the award, the application and/or the support letter(s) must confirm that the awardee, or the awardee’s home institution, will cover the balance.
5. Applicant agrees to submit a report on his/her meeting experiences within thirty (30) days of the meeting.
How to Apply:
Applications must be completed and submitted on the NCURA Region VI Travel Award application form located at https://www.ncuraregionvi.org/travelawards.
The individual applying for the Travel Award is expected to complete and submit the application form and their resume. At least one letter of support must be provided by someone at the nominee's institution, ideally a supervisor or someone who can authorize meeting attendance.
Applicants will need to submit the travel award application form, resume and letter(s) of support as attachments via e-mail to Krista Roznovsky at email@example.com. Reflective of NCURA's Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI), we are committed to achieving diversity of all kinds in our NCURA community, including but not limited to gender, ethnicity, experience, and institution type, and we encourage all interested to apply.
Please note, as an award recipient, you may be acknowledged formally at the meeting, and/or on NCURA Region VI social media. Travel awards cannot be transferred.
Selection of the awardees will be determined by the Region VI Awards Committee. The Committee's decisions will be final. Selection criteria used by the Committee include:
Benefit to applicant of attendance (specific educational/training/professional development needs of applicant that can be met through attendance at meeting)
Candidate's contribution to his/her organization, and ability to add value to organization if able to attend the meeting
Relevant experience of the candidate
Strength and applicability of support letter(s). (Please note that specificity to the applicant is encouraged, and template support letters are discouraged.)